Emergency Menstrual Hygiene Products
MSU students are piloting a program to provide FREE emergency menstrual hygiene products (MHP) to fellow students in an effort to support academic success and reduce truancy attributed to lack of access to MHP's. WACSS has partnered with RHA (Residence Halls Association), ASMSU (Associated Students of MSU), Case Hall Government, PERIOD, and SWHA (Spartan Women’s Health Alliance) to help with their efforts. This pilot program, also referred to as, "Mission Menstruation" began in Fall 2018 led by MSU student, Emily Estrada and cofounder Ta'Sheena Williams.
Free emergency MHP's can be found at the following locations. Please approach the desk, ask for a product and select what you need - no questions asked!
- Conrad Hall (room 101)
- Main Library help desk (first floor main entrance)
- MSU Union (welcome desk)
- Engineering (room 3410)
- International Center (Center for Gender in Global Context, room 206)
- Student Affairs & Services (Office of Cultural & Academic Transitions, room 339)
- Bio Medical Physical Sciences (Student Affairs Ofc, room 1312)
- 1855 Place Welcome Desk (550 S. Harrison, first floor)
- Neighborhood engagement center health clinics:
- McDonel (room W-9)
- Brody (room 148)
- Holden (room G-17)
- Hubbard (room 127)
- Olin Health Center (room 210)
- Student Parent Resource Center (U Village Comm Ctr - 1199 Garden City Road, Rm 107)
Most women's restrooms on campus have a MHP dispenser that require quarters. If you encounter any issues with the dispensers not functioning or stocked, please let us know!
Do you have menstrual hygiene products you wish to drop off? Please visit the following locations:
- Hannah Administration Building (room 412-N)
- Student Services Building OCAT office (room 339)
- MSU Surplus Store (sales desk)
Monetary donations are being collected via the app Venmo. Please send donations of any amount to @PERIODMSU with the comment "Mission Menstruation" to donate funds directly to this initiative.
Should the pilot prove to be successful, broad-based marketing and additional locations will be added to this site. If you are interested in hosting an emergency basket, please contact us below!